A permanent gamma-background monitoring is implemented by 5 authorities on the territory of Republic of Bulgaria:
- Executive environmental agency to the MEW maintains the National automatic system for continuous monitoring of gamma-background (BULRaMo system);
- An one-point background measurement is implemented within the National centre of radiobiology and radiation protection – MH;
- General directorate “Civil protection” to the MI receives data from the gamma-background measurements, performed in 335 posts, located within the municipal administrations and from other 28 posts, located within the district administrations.
- Kozloduy NPP performs gamma-background measurements by the Automated information system for off-site radiation control (AISORC) which is incorporated within the BULRaMo system.
- Institute for Nuclear Research and Nuclear Energy (INRNE) to the BAS performs measurements at Mussala peak and at 7 points on the territory of the INRNE and the research reactor.
The measurements results are summarized in the NRA. The data for the last 24 hours show that the gamma-background values in Bulgaria are within the limits of the natural background variations, typical for the corresponding sites.
Excerpt from the averaged values of the gamma-background in the country by 11:00 on 23.05.2013 for the last 24 hours.
* For the territory of the Republic of Bulgaria the natural gamma-background is from 0.06 to 0.40 µSv/h.